Author Message


Posts: 129

Location: United Kingdom ,London
Occupation: modding beamng, inactive on slrr
Age: 17
V$: rip
#119167   2017-04-02 09:14          
So my dad's been considering buying and importing a Toyota Land Cruiser 90 from Japan, but I've discovered the DVLA won't let you register a vehicle on the road without a speedometer reading in MPH instead of KPH.

As far as I've seen, it's as easy as swapping the standard gauge cluster for a UK spec on of the same year, but would that actually work? I'm thinking the ECU may have some hard-wired thing where the speed can only be sent to the gauge in KPH, but is that actually true or can you just swap them?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is cheaper than getting the OEM gauge converted into reading MPH, because entire binnacles for things are only like £100 or so.
This account is pretty much dead, my wip is dead, gom (also dead) killed starquest and the hdd it was on died.
But BeamNG is getting a Jeep from me now, which is fun.